Hip fractures befall 4,000 British Columbians every year
- Seniors who have had one fall are at twice the risk for future falls.
- 30% of individuals aged 65 years and over experience at least one fall each year.
- 95% of hip fractures are due to falls.
- Each year, falls directly cost our province $200 million.
- A comprehensive falls risk assessment is not practical during a regular doctor’s appointment.
To learn more visit the Falls Prevention Clinic website, a joint initiative between CHHM, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, and UBC.